We all obsess over and love a good ole iced matcha latte. Wether it be from Starbucks or whoever your preferred dealer is. I use the word ‘dealer’ intentionally because I’ll be completely honest and say I’m addicted like a fiend. Millions of people are switching over from the classic cup of Joe to this Japanese derived green powder that gives you a natural energy boost like some kind of Hulk solution.
Photo: Full Leaf Tea Company
Let’s be very clear, spending $6.04 for a ‘grande ice match latte, with oatmilk, light ice, and brown sugar syrup’ 7 days a week can get pretty hefty on a baddie’s purse. Yes, I said 7 days a week. Anyway before you go judging; I starting skimming the wonderful internet to figure out what I needed to recreate this amazing drink from the comfort of my home. Obviously to save money, but more so to learn a new skill. Guys I found, tested, and came up with the best matcha fix to give your pockets a break and keep you satisfied.
Which bring us to today’s topic… I’ve got the easiest recipe on earth to make a matcha latte and it takes less than 10 minutes to make. I want to share it with you fiends out there. If you’re interested in learning how, keep reading.
This article may contain affiliate links from which I get a small commission. This does not affect you as a customer at all, You can ready my full disclosure in the about section of this blog.
You Will Need A Few Tools To Make Your Matcha Latte
Before we get started you are going to have to invest in a few items to ensure you have the best experience. This one time investment is going to save you hundreds of dollars this year. It’s worth it. Thank God for Amazon. They had all the things I needed to recreate this marvelous treat.
Whisk & Scoop Set
This scoop and whisk took my matcha making to the next level. You need the scoop to measure the matcha properly, otherwise you could use too much. Even though this is more of a natural caffeine. It’s still caffeine and you don’t want to over use is. The whisk is the tool that completely breaks down your matcha powder into the perfect blend to mix in your drink.
You will need to to make the whipped topping aka sweet cream foam. This little tool makes all the difference in your drink. Believe me, having one of these is all the hype.
These are all the tools you need that you more than likely don’t already have in your kitchen cabinet or drawers somewhere. However, if you really wanna get in your ‘it girl’ vibe you can elevate your aesthetic with a cute cup, straw, and round ice cubes. Here is the ones I have and use to make my matcha latte.
Glass & Glass Straw Set
Round Ice Cube Tray
Making a matcha latte can be completely freestyled when it comes to the ingredients. Meaning, you can use any flavors, type of matcha, and milk. Here’s what you will need.
- Matcha Powder – You can choose your preferred powder. I’m currently using one I found at Publix from the organic Greenwise brand.
- A Milk Base – My preferred beverage is the Chobani Oat Milk currently. This is what makes the drink the actual latte. This can be done with your milk of choice.
- A Sweet Syrup – Torani is the easiest to access and can be found at your local grocery store. Today I’m using butter pecan. It’s the closet I can get to that oh so good brown sugar syrup Starbucks offers. Another great flavor is vanilla. This is what’s going to give your matcha latte the sweetness you crave. In today’s recipe we will be using both. The butter pecan for the drink and the vanilla for the sweet cream topper.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – You will need this to make your sweet cream foam topper
- Ice Cubes – Again, you can purchase these trays to make cute round ones, or you can use what you already have. It’s all ice, haha.
Ladies and gentleman this is everything you’re going to need to make the perfect at home iced matcha latte. Enough talking let’s make it.
Make Your Own Iced Matcha Latte
- Take hot water and apply it to 2 scoops of matcha powder (it’s best to have the scoop mentioned above)
- Whisk until fully blended
- Add ice to glass, the amount added is a personal preference
- Add Sweetener of choice, the amount you add is also a personal preference . (I pour about 1.5 inches worth in my 16 ounce glass)
- Add milk of choice
- Pour blended matcha mixture over the top
If you don’t want the sweet cream topper you can stop here and enjoy. Otherwise complete the following steps.
- Add sweetener of choice to cup (the amount used is based on personal preference)
- Pour about 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream in bowl or cup
- Mix with frother until it becomes the desired consistency
- Pour over your iced matcha
Wrapping Things Up: DIY Matcha Latte
As you can see making an iced matcha latte is hardly as complicated as one may have thought. It may take a few tries for you to get your specific taste and measurements right. However, it’s delicious and extremely easy to make. Not only will you be able to get your fix whenever you’d like, you can potentially save hundreds/thousands of dollars a year. Give this recipe a try, let me know what you think.
Keep Up With The #bbl
Looking for more? Here are a few ways to keep up with the Bad Babe Lifestyle (#bbl)
Stick Around. If you haven’t already, subscribe to receive instant updates when something new is posted. Just scroll below this post.
Lets get social be sure to follow me on Tiktok and Instagram @Eatnbougie, I post something almost daily for your fashion and food needs.
Slide past my Pinterest there’s tons of other foodie spots, fashion inspo, and goodies.
Sub to my Youtube there you can find fashion inspo and vlogs keeping up with my daily life.
Leave a Reply